WHAT YOU MUST KNOW
- WHAT IS S.T.D. OR S.T.I? STD stands for Sexually Transmitted Disease. Doctors also use STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) in place of STD in the same context. As the name suggests, these diseases transmit into human body through a sexual act between two or more people. The chances become high if any of the person involved in sexual act is already suffering from any sexual disease.
- WHAT IS HIV? HIV, short form of "Human Immunodeficiency Virus" is an infectious virus which kills the white blood cells and makes the body's immune system weak. In such a condition, other diseases attack the body and it fails to fight back the infections. If the treatment for HIV is not initiated and continued, the person slowly moves on to the next stage - AIDS - that eventually results in death.
- WHAT IS AIDS? AIDS is the short form of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, caused by HIV. Our immune system consists of some 'good' white blood cells called T-Lymphocyte ("T-Cells"), that protects our body from infections and diseases. They continue to do so until one day our body loses a battle with one virus called HIV. Eventually, this virus turns into the dreadful disease called AIDS.
WHO WE ARE Your search for the best HIV doctor or HIV counsellor comes to and end. Get all your answers about STDs, HIV and AIDS and chalk out a roadmap to get well soon. Our approach is to help you overcome your anxiety if you happen to get into an act that might lead you to believe that you have been exposed to STDs, HIV or even AIDS. We do counselling to give you clarity on the subject, and then if at all required, we suggest you to undertake HIV tests.
HOW WE CAN HELP We patiently listen to your incidents to understand the gravity of the situation that you are in. We try to answer all your questions so that you are more informed about the solutions available. We will suggest you the best solution available to help you cope up with problem in hand, including Pre-exposure prophylaxis (or PrEP), if needed.
WHAT YOU MUST DO IF YOU 'THINK' YOU'VE ACQUIRED HIV?
DO NOT GO TO "DR. GOOGLE" Though Google may have many answers to your queries, but it still does not have "all the answers", that may be relevant for you. Dr Google may give you 'false-positive' results. So, avoid!
CONSULT A QUALIFIED DOCTOR Although HIV is not easy to acquire, but the apprehension of havng acuiqred HIV can kill you! Only a qualified doctor can help you find out whether you actually are at risk.
GET HIV TESTS DONE Most tests do not detect if you have HIV, right away. It may take up to 6 months before you'll see a positive result, which means if you go for an early test, then even if you're infected you could get a false-negative. A competent Doctor can only give you advise if you really need to go for any HIV tests. Go for HIV tests only when required. There are a number of tests which may be administered to find out the status of HIV in the body, viz., Antibody/Antigen Combination Tests, RNA Test, Viral Load, CD4 Count, CD8 Count, HSV, etc.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF HIV?
HIV SYMPTOMS IN MEN
- acute illness
- asymptomatic period
- advanced infection
HIV SYMPTOMS IN WOMEN
- Vaginal yeast infections.
- Abnormal Pap smears.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Unusual menstrual cycles.
WHAT THEY SAY
- Dhirendra Banker, New Delhi I SHALL EVER REMAIN THANKFUL TO YOU! In that heat of the moment, we went ahead and had sex. Unprotected. After a week, I noticed few rashes on my thighs. Got really worried. I was sure I have got in touch with HIV!! While doing my 'research' on google, I found lot many confusing answers to my problem until I came across this website and got my answers after a detailed discussion with their doctors. I shall ever remain thankful to them for guiding me properly and clearing all my doubts. And, well, those rashes were just rashes which went away in a couple of days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW CAN HIV INFECTION HAPPEN?
- Unprotected penetrative physical relation
- Mother to child through breastfeeding or child birth. It can happen during pregnancy as well
- Injecting drug usage with shared needles having infected blood
- Blood donations involving infected blood or organ transplants
- Infection from a patient to a healthcare worker
HOW HIV WILL NOT HAPPEN?
- From someone who is HIV negative
- Touching HIV positive person
- If you come in contact with HIV positive person's sweat, tears, urine
- From touching, hugging or shaking hands with HIV positive person
- Mutual masturbation, fingering and hand-jobs
- Using sex toys which are covered with a new condom each time you switch it with another person
- Mosquito bite
- Through air, when an HIV positive person coughs or sneezes or even spits in air.
- New or sterilized needles used for medical reason or tattooing
- Sharing swimming pools or bath tubs, showers or drinking water
- If an HIV positive person shares toilet seats, tables, door handles, cutlery, towels etc. with you.
- Through musical instruments
- With mild kissing, HIV never transfers. However, if you have bleeding gums, sores or cuts inside mouth and exchange of blood happens, HIV can happen.
Our Clinics in Delhi/NCR
South delhiDr Monga Medi Clinic
20, National Park,
Lajpat Nagar-Part IV
WEST DELHIDr Monga Medi Clinic
J-3/16, Near Tikona Park,
GURGAONDr Monga Medi Clinic
603, Galleria Tower,
DLF Phase-4, Gurugram
DISCLAIMER Although every possible care and caution has been taken to avoid any mistakes or omissions while developing this website and its contents about STD, HIV, AIDS, or any other matter in this website, neither the Partners, Developer, Associates will be held responsible nor liable in any manner for any loss or damage caused to its subscribers/readers or any other persons concerned in any way, due to errors and omissions which may have inadvertently crept in despite care and caution. Users are strongly recommended to take professional medical assistance for their health issues.